The fourth annual Developer Conference held by the Ethereum (ETH) community kicked off today in Prague, Czech Republic. Simply known as DevCon4, the four day event will run till the 2nd of November. The annual conference is where Ethereum based designers, developers, researchers and artists meet to further educate and empower the community to build more and better decentralized applications.
Topics at DevCon4
The major topics of discussion during the Developer conference are 6 and as follows:
- Developer Experience
- UX and Design
- Society and Systems
All about Scalability
Many Ethereum developers, enthusiasts and investors are particularly interested in the state of improving the throughout of the network. Many investors believe that a breakthrough in scaling the platform, will result in the price of ETH regaining past glory in the crypto markets. To cater for this, the agenda includes the following sessions in the four days at the event:
- Swarm Team Update (October 30th): Led by Aron Fischer of the Ethereum Foundation, attendees will be updated on the progress of SWARM: a native data storage and content distribution infrastructure layer of the “Web 3.0”
- STARKs (October 31st): a workshop to expose Ethereum developers to STARK technology and science. Ethereum Co-founder, Vitalik Buterin, had proposed the use of the ZCash technology to scale the platform
- Optimizing Smart Contracts by reducing Gas Fees (October 31st)
- Raiden Network (November 1st): How the Raiden protocol can allow the network to become fast, cheap and scalable. Raiden is an off-chain scaling solution, enabling near-instant, low-fee and scalable payments
- State of Plasma (November 2nd): the speakers will update the community on the current state of plasma research and the work currently being done. One variant of Plasma known as Plasma Cash will be discussed. The latter allows for high performance sidechains
More on the sessions during the fourth Ethereum Developer conference can be found on the online Guidebook dedicated to the event. In terms of real-time updates, the team has provided their twitter page of @EFDevcon.
What are your expectations of the Ethereum developer conference in Prague? Please let us know in the comments section below.
[Image courtesy of devcon4.ethereum.org]
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to give financial advice. Any opinion herein is purely the author’s and does not represent the opinion of Ethereum World News or any of its other writers. Please carry out your own research before investing in any of the numerous cryptocurrencies available. Thank you.
The post What to Expect at the 4th Ethereum (ETH) Developer Conference that Starts Today in Prague appeared first on Ethereum World News.