Starting December 20th 2018, residents of six new European countries will now have access to the cryptocurrency exchange of Coinbase. The six new countries are as follows:
- Isle of Man
Since its launch in 2012, the exchange strives towards creating an open financial system for the globe. They have managed to do this by expanding their reach outside the US to 33 countries across the world; and now 6 more in Europe.
Access Limited to Coinbase.com and Mobile Apps
New customers in these jurisdictions will only have full access to Coinbase.com and the platform’s mobile applications on both iOS and Android. Coinbase Pro and Prime will initially not be available for the new customers, but the exchange has promised to avail them with time.
Coinbase Plans to Continue its Expansion Globally
The team at Coinbase went on to state that 2019 will be a year of continual expansion.
Next year we will continue expanding rapidly into new regions and adding assets to the Coinbase platform to meet customer demand.
Cryptocurrencies are global by their very nature and we believe that they should exist without borders. To realize our mission means making crypto easily available to everyone, irrespective of their geographical location.
Conclusion of the ’12 Days of Coinbase’ Event
News of Coinbase expanding to 6 new countries is the 11th announcement in the 12 Days of Coinbase event that concludes today, December 21st. Below are the announcements the exchange has made in the past 11 days.
- Expansion of its e-Gift card program to US customers
- Donation of $10,000 in ZCash (ZEC) to more than 50 Venezuelan Families
- A video showcasing Coinbase’s belief in economic freedom
- Launching a Watchlist
- Availability of PayPal Withdrawals for its US customers
- $10,000 gift in Bitcoin ($BTC) to GiveCrypto.org
- Listing of USD Coin (USDC)
- Direct crypto conversion capabilities on Coinbase
- Listing of Dai (DAI), Golem (GNT), Maker (MKR) and Zilliqa (ZIL)
- Launch of Coinbase Earn that lets users to earn crypto while learning about them in a simple and engaging way
- Welcoming customers in the aforementioned six European countries
What are your thoughts on Coinbase opening its doors to customers in Andorra, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Iceland, Isle of Man and Lithuania? Please let us know in the comment section below.
The post Coinbase Opens its Doors to Customers in 6 New European Markets appeared first on Ethereum World News.